E-Trio was founded in 2016 by Sathya Yalamanchili who launched the company with a vision to accelerate electric mobility growth in India and create awareness towards electric vehicle.This startup based in Hyderabad and expanding its reach to other states.
According to Sathya ,instead of manufacturing costly electric vehicle , He opted business model to convert existing models into electric vehicles, which not only solve the price problem, but also increases the electric vehicle adoption among user.
E-Trio has introduced electric kits for three India’s best-selling vehicles – Alto,Swift desire and WagonR.In other words, it means that electric powertrains can be replaced by petrol engines of Maruti Alto , WagonR and other cars and convert them into electric cars.
The company has also obtained permission from the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) for such retro fitted electric kits.
These kits can be used on common roads. Going forward, retro fitted electric cars can perform as normal cars like Petrol and CNG variant.
The E-Trio claims that Maruti Alto Electric and WagonR Electric will run up to 150 kilometer on every charge, which is enough for use in the city. The company also claims that it is working on retro fitting of other electric kits, which can give vehicles up to 250 km of color.
The benefits of such retro-fitting electric powertrain kits are numerous.
- Owners who had to buy an electric car would not have to buy a new car. Instead, they will be able to convert their common petrol / diesel / CNG / LPG cars into battery powered cars.
- It will be much cheaper than buying a brand new car.
- If many car owners decide to install electric retro fittings in their common cars, then pollution will be reduced to a great extent.
- In the end, the maintenance of the car will be reduced considerably because electric powertrain has much less moving parts than a normal engine.
- Retro fitted electric car can be charge easily at home with AC charger with in 5-6 hr in night.
- Running cost of EV is very low as compare to normal car.
- Also, it would be extremely comfortable to drive a retro fitted electric car as cars with electric powertrains are usually automatic.
Benefit to nation and society
- It will bring down oil imports ,as per latest report India spend 7 lac crore on oil import, which is about 20% of India’s GDP.
- Pollution and high carbon emission are major challeneges not only for India but also all over the world.
- We have seen tremendous growth in auto sector, so govt aims on diversification on other alternate mode of transport.
- If commercial vehicles start using electric vehicle ,then cost of goods will be reduced.
Video Credit –Creative Science
Retrofitting is the need of the hour and currently these smart cars are the cheapest and most affordable option in the market.
E trio aim is to promote transportation through electric vehicles, which will bring down pollution level in India. According to company , affordable runnning cost will play important role in adoption of electric vehicles.
E-Trio provides logistics services to fleet operators who are looking to move to emobility.
The company procures vehicles from automakers and resellers, converts them into electric cars and leases them out to fleet operators. Govt authority, has permitted to company to transform small passenger cars into electric vehicles.
E-Trio electric kit is priced between INR 3.5 and 5 Lakh with the batteries . According to company that the price will depends for consumers based on their per-day range requirement in kilometres.
E-Trio is planning to scale up to become an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) within the electric vehicle space. To achieve its own goal, the bootstrapped startup is searching for strategic investors and planning to raise funding within the next six months in order to scale up.
Why franchise good for investor:
- Demand for affordable transportation is growing rapidly.
- Awareness among people about air pollution and side effects to common man.
- Govt of India, motivating and launched many schemes to push people for EV adoption.
- Fleet operators looking vendors for converting their conventional vehicles to electric vehicle, which will cut down operating cost.
- E-commerce companies and delivery operators switching from conventional delivery vehicles to electric vehicles, so that procurement of new vehicles can be avoided.
- Govt also procuring e-vehicle for Govt officer and tender float by Energy efficiency limited EESL